"With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments." ~Psalm 119:10

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sounds From the Wild

 Mom and I went for a walk around the 248 acres of trails (owned by Youth With a Mission), which is across the street from our house, today. As we were walking, Shep took off toward the pond at full speed leaping and bounding through the tall grass. He ran back and forth at full speed up and down the bank of the pond for awhile, before we discovered what it was that got him so excited. Suddenly, we heard a bark coming from the middle of the iced-over pond. Immediately I knew it was a coyote. It barked a few more times, then let out a typical, eyrie coyote howl. We watched for awhile, then continued on our walk, seeing a muskrat in a different pond, and three deer as well. It's so much fun to see all the animals coming alive for spring! We also have been hearing sandhill cranes every day for the past couple weeks. They make the craziest sounds! And we've been hearing/seeing lots of trumpeter swans. God's creation truly declares His glory!

Here's the video I took of the coyote howling at YWAM! :)


And you can actually see the coyote in this video. He's a little far away, but you can see him walking.


Sandhill Crane call  (I did not take this video. This is just to show you what they sound like)


Trumpeter Swan call (I did not take this video, this is just to show you what they look/sound like)

No comments:

Post a Comment